01 February 2010

Down month

This month was probably one of my worst months that I can remember.  My MTT play never took hold.  I had a couple of min-cashes in both NL and PLO MTTs.  My month would have been much worse, except for some decent ring game play (NL and PLO).  Looking back, I really got crushed in large MTTs, but not smaller MTTs.  I don't understand what accounts for this difference in results.  Variance is one thing, but a consistent down month reflects a leak that needs to be fixed.  My best guess is that I have been pressing in the wrong spots.  I have tried to play more aggressively, but it needs to be better targeted.  I hope to turn things around next month.

I played in a few WBCOOP events.  I have to say that the start times were brutal.  Starts around 5 or 6 EST ran right into parental duties, especially with my wife traveling.  In any event, did my best to play and strategically used Sesame Street as a babysitter.  I ran relatively deep on Thurs, but got knocked out 25 away from a min-coupon.  Not everyone runs like CK - congrats on the $215 coupon.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Tycou :-)

    Sorry to hear about your crappy month. Just keep plugging away, and things will right themselves.

    ReplyDelete