14 February 2010

Back on track?

If you remove my experience with Rush Poker (to be explained later), February has been a positive month so far.  I have had 8 cashes in MTTs so far - 3 PLO, 3 NL, 1 NL (6H), and 1 PLO H/L.  In fact, a couple were really deep runs: finished 16th out of 2259 in 6 handed NL and 17th out of 1246 in PLO.  I have tried to broaden my range of games, and it has improved my ROI.  Half of my cashes this month are in PLO.  If I am running deep in non-NL tourneys, there is clearly some weak play out there.  When it comes to PLO, I'm no  CK.

I tried Rush Poker on FTP, and I liked the concept a lot.  Too bad for a couple of things: 1. I'm  not getting rackback on FTP; and 2. I got cleaned out on the river every time I got my money in with the best hand pre-flop.  I suppose that should be expected if I am playing at a 10NL table.  In any event, after losing a few buy-ins, it was enough for me to end that experiment.  It will be interesting to see if other sites put together a "rush" equivalent. 

Over the past couple of days, I have been playing more cash games on PokerStars because of its 40 billion milestone hand promotion.  It has been a nice little gimmick to increase volume by offering bonuses to those involved in 1 million milestone hands on the way to 40 billion.  It would be nice to catch one of these bonuses to increase the bankroll.  There are various SNGs and MTTs related to the 40 billion milestone as well. 

37 comments:

  1. Keep it up Tycou! That big score is coming.

    I seem to be getting a lot of value out of the non-NLHE tourneys at the microstakes level because people really don't know what they're doing. Same thing with Rush PLO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 先告訴自己希望成為什麼樣的人,然後一步一步實踐必要的步驟。........................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. 先告訴自己希望成為什麼樣的人,然後一步一步實踐必要的步驟。........................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. 大肚能容,了卻人間多少事,滿腔歡喜,笑開天下古今愁。 ..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. 加油!充實內函最重要!Beauty is but skin- deep..............................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. 友情像一棵樹木,要慢慢的栽培,才能成長真的友誼,要經過困難考驗,才可友誼永固..............................

    ReplyDelete
  7. 當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. 成功多屬於那些很快做出決定,卻又不輕易變更的人。而失敗也經常屬於那些很難做出決定,卻又經常變更的人.................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  9. 一時的錯誤不算什麼,錯而不改才是一生中永遠且最大的錯誤............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  10. 一時的錯誤不算什麼,錯而不改才是一生中永遠且最大的錯誤..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  11. 在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  12. 人生有如洶湧的波濤,如果沒有岩石的阻擋,怎能激起美麗的浪花?.. ... ............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  13. 人必須心懷希望,才會活的快樂,日子才過得充實,有意義,有朝氣,有信心。......................................... ........................

    ReplyDelete