21 November 2009

Aiming to be Isildur1 of micro-grinding

There are a lot of opinions out there about the identity of Isildur1.  Regardless of who he/she is, it is pretty remarkable what Isildur1 has been doing.  At 7:30 p.m. tonight, I witnessed Isildur1 play 6 tables - 5 PLO 500/1000 and 25K HU PLO Championship.  It appears that at each table Isildur1 would start with a 200K stack.  On the 2 tables against Ivey, Isildur1 was down on both tables - 273K v. 795K; 337K v. 406K.  On the 3 tables against Antonious, Isildur1 was up on 2 tables - 540K v. 192K and 567K v. 93K - Isildur1 was down on one table- 192K v. 1.5M.  Isildur1 made the final 8 in the 25K HU PLO Championship.  Conservatively, Isildur1 had more than 1M in play.  Obviously, there are only a small number of players in the world who can play at these stakes.  Then, there are even a smaller number of players in the world who can play as consistently as Isildur1 while multi-tabling against the likes of Ivey, Antonious, Benyamine, and Durr for up to 24 hours straight.  This mystery has created a lot of buzz.  Frankly, it has even gotten to me, and I'm intrigued enough to follow the action.  Let's see how long Isildur1 remains a mystery.

Since my last post, I have had a couple of mini-cashes: 399/5106 in NL MTT on Pokerstars and 16/178 in NL Super Satellite on Pokerstars.  I have also secured a spot in the 50K Donkament on UB from a 100 pt qualifier.  Looking back at my results historically, I find that I do relatively well in satellites on UB - cashing about 25% of the time.  In MTTs on UB, I cash about 21.5% of the time and final table slightly less than 10%.  My ROI in MTTs on UB is 4%.  I want to improve these numbers.  I need to improve my play so that I'm not just getting into money, but final tabling more and placing in the top 3.  How have others taken their play to the next level?   Off to some more micro-grinding ...  

2 comments:

  1. ok - maybe i don't want to be isildur1 after his $3M loss today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched that huge pot not to long ago on youtube, so much money.

    ReplyDelete