20 October 2009

First Post

Why have I broken down and set up a blog?  1. I believe that a blog will help me think more critically about my poker play; 2. I read many poker blogs - it is time that I give and not only take; and 3. I look forward to meeting other poker players online.
 

I have been playing NL holdem, off and on, since 2006.  This year, however, I have resumed playing regularly.  Most of my play has been online.  No big online wins (no >$1000 wins), but I am fine with that because I have faithfully been playing within my bankroll.  I rarely play live, but I have had 2 recent $1000+ cashes at Foxwoods with a win and a 4th place finish in the 180NL tourney.  My goal is to continue mixing in live tourney play at least once a quarter.

I feel that I have been close to turning the corner for quite some time.  I hope that this blog will help me focus.  I also look forward to some interesting discussions via this blog.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard! I look forward to enjoying your contributions to pokah bloggah culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world :-)

    ReplyDelete